Apple iMac MC814LL/A 27-Inch Desktop Review





$1,899.94 & it ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping 


Please click the image to purchase through Amazon.


Product Images:




Technical Details



  • FaceTime HD camera

  • Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes

  • Built-in stereo speakers with internal 20-watt high-efficiency amplifiers

  • Built-in microphone

  • 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology





Review


This computer is amazing. Not only is it a sleek and sexy machine, but wow is it powerful! I upgraded from an older Macbook mainly because I wanted a Mac with a powerful video card for video editing, photo editing and even some gaming. So far this computer has handled everything I've thrown at it. It's fast, quiet and takes the imac to the next level. I was going back and forth between this and the cheaper versions and even the smaller screen. I'm glad I made the choice I did and got the 27".  They are powerful machines and works of art. No Windows based machine has the same lines as these beautiful machines. Apple has by far the best designers and engineers in the world.

The computer is much heavier than I expected, mainly because the aluminum case is solid. The great part is even though it is a heavy computer, it tilts with the push of a finger and stays exactly where you moved it. I've read complaints that this computer doesn't come in a matte screen. Sure the glossy screen does cause reflections in bright light, but so far I think the reflections are worth the trade off for the absolute dazzle the glossy screen provides.

The only negatives I can even list are that the computer runs hot. I did buy an app to monitor the temps and so far it's in line with my macbook. I think it just seems hotter because the aluminum disperses the heat through the top of the computer. When you touch the top of the computer you are amazed at the heat coming out. I also wish Apple supplied this computer with a wireless keyboard with the number pad. They do sell the corded version with the number pad, but I really wanted to stay wireless. I do miss the number pad, I'm not going to lie. Entering passwords is weird using the numbers on the regular keyboard! At some point I hope they offer a wireless keyboard with the number pad. The sound is also not overly amazing but I always use external speakers anyway so it's not a problem. It's a step up from the sound out of a macbook for sure, but it is aimed downward and not at you. The bass is decent though for built in sound if you don't want to add 2.1 speakers.

I can't end my review on a negative note though. The built in isight camera in HD is an awesome touch. I can't believe the quality of the camera to be honest. I look at myself on the screen and every imperfection of my face is captured.

I expect this computer to last me the next 5 years and I'm sure it will have no problem doing just that! I can't wait to see what accessories the Thunderbolt ports wind up supporting. I'd love to run and additional 2 27" screens at the same resolution using the ports eventually. Apple is usually way ahead of the curve so I have no doubt it is a technology that will catch on and will be amazing! There are many manufactures with products in the pipeline that will support Thunderbolt so I hope to see stuff hitting the market in the next few months.

You only live once, and life is short. You deserve the best, and this machine will not disappoint!!


0 comments: